- KCSE or equivalent certificate with a minimum of C+ and grade C (plain) in both mathematics and English or similar grades in an equivalent examination approved by the University Senate. Or
- KACE or equivalent Certificate with a minimum of two principal passes in A-level examination in Mathematics and English Language. Or
- Applicants with Diploma in Information Science or any other relevant discipline from an institution recognized by the University Senate.
The program takes a minimum of four (4) academic years where an academic year consists of two (2) semesters.
Programme Learning Objectives
- Apply library management concepts, techniques and practices in solving library problems.
- Apply knowledge and skills in records and archive management in an organization.
- Use mass media techniques to capture, analyze and disseminate information in an organization.
- Apply ICT knowledge and skills to solve information management problems in an organization.
- Apply knowledge and skills in teamwork management, communication and public relation management.
- Apply information management concepts, techniques and practices in an organization.
- Carry out research and a propose solution or develop a system to solve the identified problem.
Expected career directions
- System Librarians
- News Writing, News Reporting
- Script Writing, Records Management
- Archives Management
- Marketing of Records and Archives services
- Information consultants
- Information Officers
- Book Publishers
- Knowledge Managers
- Instructional Material Designers
- Library supervisor /manager
- Print and other media producers
- Museum Curators